Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Dishwasher...FOR ME? Really? For me??? WOW!!!

Raise your hand if you have a dishwasher? Oh, wait did everyone but the writer of this blog just raise their hand? Hmmm, that might be because until TODAY I have not had a dishwasher.

Rewind a few months with me....remember the condo....NO DISHWASHER! Ok, now to present day Haynesville. We bought a house with no dishwasher. No problem, first thing on our agenda was to have one installed. We even picked one up off the side of the street (no joke) so we were pretty pumped!!

Did you know that countertops have to be a certain height to have a dishwasher? Well, they do and ours are not that tall which means hours upon hours of washing the dishes...BOO! And, because the countertops are not that tall the hours upon hours of washing dishes also adds to lower back pain.

Yes, I'm whining. Does it really bother me to wash them? Not really, I've kind of gotten used to it. Well, today my life changed....kind of.

See, we have a work room off our our garage (any man's dream). The work room houses my washing machine and dryer. No, they aren't in our house, but it's not too hard to walk to the shop and put the clothes on to wash.

(INTERMISSION - - Sorry this is such a long post).

Well, we haven't had hot water out in the shop because the hot water heater broke, but one of our friends gave us theirs. The were getting a new one and didn't need it anymore. So, today Austin and Chris installed the new hot water heater, a new faucet and sprayer for the sink....AND TO MY SURPRISE AND DELIGHT...my DISHWASHER.

Now, you may be thinking one of two things:
1.) Why would Melissa be excited about a dishwasher thats 20 yards from her kitchen?
2.) You can take the Haynes' out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the Haynes'

My response:
1.) This is so exciting because when I get home from my Pampered Chef shows, I can go straight to the work room and put my dishes in the dish washer! No more washing them by hand!
2.) You might be right. I'm thinking we might be the first family to have an outhouse for our DISHES!!! HEHE!!

Well, I still can't use the dishwasher. It seems it has to have electricity. Yes, we have electricity in the shop, but I'm not sure what it takes for the dishwasher. The boys just told me it needs electricity.

Ok, have a great week! And, think of me the next time you open your dishwasher and feel the nice steam on your face. It could be that I'm hunched over the sink scrubbing away!!!

Scrub on,

Mel

2 comments:

Mindi said...

okay so I don't usually laugh out loud at blogs... but you and the outhouse dishwasher got me!! OH man.

Tyler, Haley, & Griffin said...

very entertaining, Mel. I didn't know you were dishwasherless. I will def keep you in my mind when I feel the steam. But even with a dishwasher we still complain about having to unload one or load one. "Be content with what you have" just sayin...not preaching... actually, I am preaching to myself right now... love you!!!!!