Monday, April 7, 2008

19 Days!!!!

Guess what? As of today we are officially LICENSED TO WED! As the conclusion of a VERY BUSY weekend, we went and got our marriage license today! It was kind of fun actually! We put Austin's dad, Mike, in charge of it until the wedding. He's the most responsible out of all of us. I am up to my neck in packing, and I would probably pack it and move it to Corpus on accident!
Speaking of packing, there's a lot of that going around. Well, there will be tomorrow. Today was my first day of being unemployed and I ran errands ALL DAY. What happened to the sit by the pool, sip coffee, read a book, etc. that I was expecting. HAHA...just kidding. I resigned from the hospital in plenty of time to give myself three weeks to pack, move and take care all kinds of last minute wedding details.
Last week was a busy and emotional week at the hospital. Let's start with Monday: I am part of a committee that gives out an award each month for an employee who is nominated and selected as the William Kirk Service Excellence Award recipient for outstanding customer service. Well, Monday we went to pass out the award (my last time ever) and I was excited to see so many employees supporting the award (we are trying to grow the program). We all met in a central location and then headed off to Cardio to award a Respiratory employee. I started giving my speech about how we were all there to...and my boss cut me off and said, "No they're not, they're here for you." I was completely shocked and CONFUSED to say the least.


Completely confused!


Seeing as I had the nomination in my hand for the other employee AND had the approval from our committee, I was totally lost as to why he would be saying that. Well, it turns out that one of my co-workers from Radiology nominated me and had others sign the nomination as well. That was probably the most amazing experience ever for me at the hospital. It was such an honor and such a surprise. Of course I cried and cried! Mom even cried when I read the nomination to her. It was then that I realized that, YES, I would be leaving and leaving behind such wonderful friends.


On Thursday, the hospital threwAustin and me and shower and a going away party. It was so wonderful to have a chance to say goodbye. Of course, I cried when I said thank you to everyone. It was such a beautiful shower and all of the hostesses did such a wonderful job!


The girls: My future Grandma in law, future Mother in law, Me and my Mom

Friday was my last day and it was a really busy day. I didn't even get to leave until after 5:30. YIKES...and on my last day...and it was a FRIDAY...GEESH!! Several of us went out to eat at my favorite Mexican food restaurant. It was really fun and my favorite baby friend Addison was there, too! Such a treat!


There was a light at the end of the tunnel...AUSTIN CAME HOME FRIDAY NIGHT...and oh was I so happy! After not being able to see each other for 6 weeks, it was so refreshing to be able to spend time together. I even made him dinner - well, I went down to Central Perks and picked it up. BUT, I did put it on my plates! We had a very, very busy weekend...so busy that it will take another post!



Until then~~


Mel

2 comments:

Megan Card said...

I thought Hayden was your favorite baby friend!? Hahaha just kidding. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished at the hospital! You deserved that award Melissa. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Kelsie said...

This is soooo great Mel I am Very happy for you. See you tonight