Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dinner With a View, Dreading Goodbye and DEMO


For a while, I didn't like to upload pictures because it would take FOREVER, but I've learned that if I just do one at a time it's way faster. Anyway, the previous picture contains the view Austin and I had a few Sundays ago while dining at Joe's Crab Shack which is on one of the t-heads on the bay. We were able to eat outside and it was gorgeous!



Ahhhh...the famous MELISSA ROLL. Austin and I eat at one sushi restaurant on a frequent basis and the sushi chef, Taka, soon realized that I love cream cheese and COOKED food. He created what I deem, THE BEST ROLL EVER. Depending on his mood, it contains shrimp (cooked), crab (cooked), cream cheese, wasabi mayo and fish roe (definitely not cooked). It is SOOO GOOD! I have recommended that it be put on the menu SEVERAL times, but it's still just a special roll for me. LOVE IT!!

Last Wednesday, the Haynes' and the Leonard's went out to eat at Origami for one last meal before they moved to San Antonio. Apparently, even Taka was sad they were moving because this is the "Special Roll from Takason" that we received. It's 5 rolls in one and the boys made us eat it. I don't think Bianca and I finished ours. IT WAS HUGE!!!


Our good friends Chris and Bianca just moved on Thursday to San Antonio. The only good I see in this is that we'll have a place to stay when Austin finally takes me to Sea World. We met them a little over a year ago at a birthday party for a mutual friend and hit it off, but it wasn't until Austin ran into them at Sutherland's in October (they were both there to get hurricane supplies) that we started hanging out. And, thus...our relationship began! Those guys are great cooks and great hosts and needless to say we spent many evenings sharing meals. Chris and Austin helped each other on many occasions: installing cabinets, removing tree stumps, planting grass, etc. Bianca and I spent countless hours running together.
They are good friends and I'm thankful that God put them in our lives even if it was for such a short time.
DEMO:
We had to do some demo work to our attic this morning in preparations of having a radiation shield installed. I don't remember the name of the product, but it's made of the same material that space suits are made of. Well, our attic had been finished out by a previous owner for a play space for his grandkids. We had to tear out the ceiling and walls to expose the previous insulation. We did, however, keep the hard wood floors. I helped! MACHO, MACHO, MEL!!

Ok, back to my homework!









0 comments: