Well, hello there....
Not too much is going on in the Haynes' House....wait, if I said that it would be lying! I seem to attract crazy busyness! This week is going to be intensely busy for me. I have two midterms due this week and one of my largest events of the year is Thursday evening. I spent about 6 or so hours working on my Accounting midterm and I'm not finished yet. It is due Thursday.
A month or so ago I attended a seminar for professional women. Even though I was a vendor, I got to listen in on the guest speaker. I don't remember much of what she said but I do remember one key phrase: "I can and I will!" That event just so happened to be the same day that I attended my first class for grad school. There have been several times that I have had to repeat that to myself when I begin to doubt my choices. The phrase may sound crazy or it may even sound cocky, but I do have to say it to myself. I've found that self-doubt and self-pity can wreck whatever you are trying to accomplish. So, yes with the Lord's strength, I CAN AND I WILL!
What I'm most thankful for right now is a husband that understands. The past few weeks I've worked crazy hours and at least 6 days per week not including school work or my volunteer work. I also seem to be on call with the volunteers any day of the week at any hour. That said, you should know that our house is not spotless. Currently, there are vases, flowers, boas, lights, etc. scattered around our living room in preparation for Thursday evening. There are books and papers, pens and pencils scattered across the table. My shoes don't always seem to make it in the closet and I have laundry on the floor. Thankfully, he doesn't think housework/yardwork fall into gender categories. Here lately, he has been so KIND to do the dishes (please keep in mind that our dishwasher is a good haul into the backyard) and other household chores that are mindlessly classified as a woman's duties. And, funny thing is I've enjoyed pushing/pulling/forcing/dragging/running the lawn mower myself. And, let me tell you I'm not the best lawn mower in the world. It takes me twice as long as anyone else because I seem to miss spots...LOTS OF SPOTS...and have to go over them time and time again to make sure our yard doesn't resemble a haircut given by a little kid.
There once was a story of a little engine that thought he could. On days when we really doubt rather or not we can jump the hurdle we are facing, what if we remind ourselves, "I CAN AND I WILL!"? That hurdle might seem to shrink or maybe our legs will seem to grow, but we'll make it over that hurdle and we might even enjoy the journey!
Hope you all are having a GREAT week!
Please note: When Austin came into the living room while I was writing this, he said, "I sure wish you'd put away your suitcase (I got a new one yesterday) so people don't think you're leaving." HAHA! :) My sweet Austin!
Mel
Monday, October 19, 2009
A Post About Nothing
Posted by MelJo at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment