Does anybody know what proper gas station etiquette is? I went to the gas station today and had my eye on a pump. Well, another guy got to it from a different side at the same time I did. He was going to back into it and I was going to pull through. He had a very tiny truck and my Escape could've TOTALLY taken his, but I did the polite thing and backed up.
Did this guy wave, nod or make any gesture to signal he appreciated me giving him the go ahead? NO...he glared at me through his side view mirror until I backed up. Then, he completely ignored me while he was pumping gas. Yes, I was patiently waiting (if you just read the post below you will know I struggle with this)! Thankfully another pump opened and I pulled around to it. The entire scene reminded me of the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. Do you remember what I'm talking about???
So, what is proper gas station etiquette? And, why didn't that man acknowledge my kind deed? If I had stolen his place he would've gotten out and yelled at me!!! I just didn't want to throw down at the Wal-Mart gas station. Just not my style...meet me in a shoe store and it's a different story...KIDDING!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Etiquette????
Posted by MelJo at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok...how many more post are you planning on posting tonight. I can see, quite evidently, that we are both blog losers tonight, or are we just bored? I think you did the right, Christ-like thing at the gas pump. Yet however, I would have tried a little more forcefully to get at that pump before him. (maybe...) But you are a WOMEN! He was a MAN! This leads me to consider whether or not he has ever been educated in proper manners and respect. It;s sad that nowadays we as women can't even expect men to act respectfully toward women anymore. Oh well, I guess it ain't that big of a deal, but still. That would have irritated me too.
Gas pump etiqutte=you snooze you lose
haha you are to funny. you should have called me I have your back haha
No, but I will take some soon. Maybe this weekend. I hope we can go over and look at it, but the seller may be home. tyler's parents are coming to visit this weekend so will we def drive by it.
Hahaha you need to update your blog missy!
Post a Comment