Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whoah...a whole month!

Sorry about my "slackfulness" in the blogging world! We just had internet installed in our house last week and I've been super busy since then. 


Since I've last posted...

- We've painted and moved into our bedroom.

- We've painted and tried to move into our media room. Long, funny story short...We bought a couch (a rather large one) and it wouldn't make the turn upstairs to go into our media room. It is currently being housed in our "den." But, please note that I didn't want a den, I wanted a media room. Yes, that sounds very selfish, but we have 3 bedrooms. What in the world am I going to do with that third  bedroom now? Suggestions welcome! :)

- We've (no, Austin and Grant) cut down the two rather large mesquite trees in our front yard. That brought all of our neighbors out to meet us and we even had one neighbor clapping. Apparently, the people on our street weren't too thrilled with those trees. And, the best part...the pizza man no longer has to duck to get to our front door!!!

- I've unpacked about 25 boxes and I'm still not done.

- We prepared for...and then unprepared for Ike. We have hurricane shutters on most of our windows, so all I had to do was roll them down. I still have bottled water from that weekend. 

- We've hosted our first birthday party. I made apple dumplings and peach cobbler. Well, thankfully the apple dumplings were tasty because I didn't have any baking powder so the peach cobbler was...well, soup.

- We've hosted our first bbq. 

- We've started a guest book for all who come and share a meal or spend the weekend with us. Thanks to Rand E. and Maggie Morgan for the book. We hope to fill it completely one day. 

- We've installed a keyless entry on our back door. That has to be the coolest thing ever. It was Austin's "one" thing he had to have and I love it. I never have to fumble for my keys when I get home. Just type in the code, turn the knob and I'm in!

- I've quit training for the half-marathon and then started again.

And, in the world:

- Gas prices went up and then went back down.

- Sarah Palin was announced as the running mate for McCain.

- "All kinds of stuff." - That is Austin's contribution to this blog.

- Cooler weather has arrived (somewhat) to Corpus Christi.

Hope all is well. I will post updated pictures soon, when the house is updated. I still need to hang curtains. 

Ok, have a great week. 

Mel 




0 comments: