Hey guys,
Sorry it has been a while since I posted, but things have been pretty busy around here! We are actually in our house, have been since last Sunday. We are loving, LOVING the space. Please keep in mind we came from a bedroom.
I'm posting a couple of pictures and will post more as we get settled, so check back a little after Christmas. JUST KIDDING...kind of! I'm not so good at unpacking!
This is the front of our house which is just 2 blocks from the bay! That's my favorite part!
This is a view of the backyard from our deck on the 2nd floor. We probably won't use that deck very often...the mosquitos ARE CRAZY right now!!!

And this is Austin's favorite part. His 3 car garage and workshop. The garage is 2 car lengths deep so you can fit 2 cars on the right side and 1 on the left. There is a workshop on the back side of the left. It is currently full of our stuff from storage so we aren't actually parking in it now.

This was our bedroom for the past week. It started out as a navy blue (UGH) color and it took 2 coats of stain blocker to get it white. We have painted it the color we wanted (well, the color I wanted) and I will post before and after pictures soon! We just have the trim to do now!

This was our bedroom for the past week. It started out as a navy blue (UGH) color and it took 2 coats of stain blocker to get it white. We have painted it the color we wanted (well, the color I wanted) and I will post before and after pictures soon! We just have the trim to do now!
This is another shot of the front. I LOVE the porch, but we don't have anything to put on it yet. Notice the shutters? Those are hurricane shutters and if a hurricane is on its way all I have to do is turn a knob and we are prepared. But, there are about 10 windows that don't have these handy, dandy shutters so we'd have to use plywood for those windows.

This is our media room. It is on the second floor directly above our room. I went to the paint store to get sample paint to see which color we should go with. So, I asked the guy how many samples I could get and he said as many as I wanted. What he failed to mention was that it was $5.00 per sample. He told me this after he had mixed my 3 samples. UHOH!! Hmmph...he ended up giving me the 3 samples I wanted for free because we had bought paint from him the night before.
We want the room to be dark. We're most excited about this room because we both LOVE to watch movies.

This is Austin jammin' to his Ipod and painting the media room.

This is our dining room/living room. It will probably be the dining room for now until I get the back room the color I want it and move our table into that room. This room will eventually be a little sitting area.

This is our dining room/living room. It will probably be the dining room for now until I get the back room the color I want it and move our table into that room. This room will eventually be a little sitting area.
That was a pretty brief tour. Stay tuned for more upstairs pictures including the attic. That's a pretty cool place that I'm sure we'll never go!!
4 comments:
WoW - Great House! And I can't think of a more deserving young couple. Great Pictures - can't wait to see more.
Lots of Love,
Auntie C
aww! I like your house. it is VERY cute! Congrats!
yeah for buying your own home!!! The Lord has blessed you guys so much! It's so cute and seems real cozy. congrats!!!!
I'm lovin' the hard wood floors! It's a really cute house, Mel!
Post a Comment