...or call the police. Did we do either? NO...instead my fearless husband grabbed a broomstick.
WHY?
We were in bed (Austin was asleep) on Friday night when all of a sudden I heard giggling and shouts and people running next to our bedroom window. Sure, the sound of leaves rustling in the fall is typically an enjoyable sound, but not at night and next to your window. Well, the shutters on one of the windows were open and I could see in our backyard and I saw two male figures standing right next to our back door. I hear, "Get the car!" And I think, "NO, PLEASE DON'T TAG MY CAR YOU SORRY KIDS!!" (There is a lot of tagging in CC).
Scary, right? Still freaks me out to think about it.
SIDE NOTE: I'm really scared of the outside at night time. Don't know why, but I've always been into closing the blinds, curtains, shutters, etc. as soon as the sun sets. So, needless to say actually seeing someone so close to my backdoor FREAKED ME OUT!
Austin is the brave one and gets out of bed and goes outside to see what the deal is. Me...I'm sitting in bed wondering what the non-emergency number is for the Corpus Christi police and wondering at what point I am allowed to call 911. Do I have to wait for them to shoot my husband, punch him or what?
All of a sudden, the kids (must've heard Austin) and went back around the house. By this time, I'm out of bed and starring out the window watching them. I tell Austin where they went and we jump in the truck and go chasing them. Thankfully, I have fairly decent night vision because I spot them hiding in the dark beside a house and Austin jumps out of the truck and yells at them to come out. Please keep in mind that there are lots of gangs and the crime rate is a little scary around our neighborhood. It's a nice neighborhood, but it's targeted by thieves.
They come out of the dark and just keep walking. Austin yells some pretty mean things to them and tells them what might happen if they are caught in someone's backyard.
Well, we turn around and then see police. Of course, we flag down a cop and Austin chats with him and I jump out and go chat with another car. Turns out there was a pretty large party on the street behind our house and it was busted. (Total of 4 cop cars). We had kids jumping the fence in our backyard, picking up people in font of our house until about 1:00 a.m. Austin was outside on the the corner of our street trying to flag down the cops and point out kids, but the intelligent cops had their own plan and didn't catch ANY kids. We could've caught about 20 on our own. One truck was even parked outside our house when all of a sudden a guy runs from our backyard carrying 4 beers. Yeah, real smooth exlax if the cops catch you.
All this to say, despite being extremely exhausted from a long week, we didn't get sleep until after 2. BOO to the stupid kids that party in high school. BOO to the even ignorant ones that hide in my backyard.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Grab the gun...
Posted by MelJo at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my gosh! How scary. I'm so sorry that happened. Hope you stay safe.
Post a Comment