Monday, December 8, 2008

Give me an R....R, you got your R, you got your R...

Give me an I...I, you got your I, you got your I...

Give me a B...B, you got your B, you got your B...

Put it all together and what does it spell....R-I-B...

No, this is not a post about the creation of Eve and how that correlates to my marriage. It is, however, a new hobby of Austin's...BREAKING RIBS...

I'm not sure if I posted a few months ago about Austin going over his handle bars on the dirt bike and colliding with rocks resulting in a broken rib. Well, it happened again. This time he collided (going down a hill) with his bike. He rounded a corner on the sand dunes, came face to face with a truck and bailed off the trail. During the bail out, he went down a steep slope, came off the bike and was struck by a handle bar. This resulted in 3 (yes 3) broken ribs. Not sure if it includes the rib that was previously broken. What does this mean in the Haynes' household? I have one sore and it lots of pain hubby! 

And. all laughter is to be left at the door...seriously...we are not to crack jokes AT ALL! Tony (Austin's side kick) and I made him laugh last night and it really hurt. So, tonight we had dinner (our Monday usual) with the Leonard's and Austin made me tell everyone that we could not be funny. Please note that this is very hard for us. Especially when Tony arrived and had to spend 5 extra minutes in another room before he was straight faced enough to join us! 

Please keep my sweet (but flipping over the handle bar prone) Austin in your prayers. He really is feeling it this time. I feel so bad for him!

And, no he's not looking into giving up dirt bikes. I have told him that he's going to need to pay me about $200 every time he goes riding since that's about how much he pays to go...Thankfully we have insurance.

I am looking into life vests for him or a bigger life insurance policy. Any thoughts?


1 comments:

Megan Card said...

awww... poor Austin. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.