Thursday, January 8, 2009

Give me a kiss...and a garage door that CLOSES!

Austin, Chris, Bianca and I all went to the Corpus Christi Ice Rays game tonight. The Ice Rays played the Mudbugs so we were pretty excited about going...BORING! The game was so boring! Shreveport definitely put on a better show. We used to have fun going to the Mudbugs games. Corpus Christi has a long way to go to be an exciting evening out!


Well, Austin and I were featured on the kiss cam. Secretly, I always wanted to snatch a kiss on the cam and tonight it happened! TOO FUN! I actually knew the guy with the camera which is how we were on it. The guy also works at a local tv station as a camera man so that's how I met him. 

Stubborn garage door. We have this crazy garage door that WILL NOT shut in the mornings for me. It's kid of crazy, but it just won't close. In the evenings, it loves to close. Austin has even had to come home from work to close it. WEIRD, huh?

Week 2 of training is almost over (only 2 more days) and I've come to a conclusion...I AM SO SLOW! I did 3 miles yesterday at 12 minutes per mile. BOO, Mel...BOO! I think I would like to shave a minute off per mile for the half, but we'll see.

Thanks for the encouragement gals! I'm really excited and I'm trying to stay positive. 14 weeks seems like a long time, but it's fun to keep an update on here. 

Kelsie - Please tell Michael that I could never ride a bike for 100 miles!!! 

Sorry there aren't more exciting things happening in the Haynes' household.

4 comments:

Tyler, Haley, & Griffin said...

Two posts in two days!!! WOW!!!! You are rockin it lady! And yes, I am going to the bathroom more than I did in college (I think). And yes, you are very, very funny to remind of the most frightening experience in my life! Who wouldn't be afraid of three crazy girls all of a sudden overtaking your bed late at night. Y'all were such night owls..and I was such a snoozer... But, going to the bathroom is a regular activity day and night in my life right now, but it always had been so it's not that much different from normal for me. :) I wish you, Meg, and Court would just move Clovis. :)

Kelsie said...

HAHA I will be sure and tell him. WOW the kiss cam huh. Im jealous! Im glad that things are going good for you and Austin. Tuesday is my last day I CAN'T WAIT! Talk to you soon. Hope your weekend is GRAND!

Mindi said...

Hang in there! Don't be sad that you are running 12 min. miles... Remember when you would get mad at me for wanting us to run 1 lap around the hospital... SEE HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME! Your time will get fast as your increase your miles. You are doing great! I'm loving the blog updates! Now... how about that tour of your house?

Megan Card said...

Mel I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to have Rylan and start training for my own marathon. I'm so ready to get back into shape! That way, when I whine and complain you can put me in my place. Hahaha! I miss you! Hopefully I'll get to see you soon though. OH!!! Mom and Dad are coming out in September and we are going to be vacationing with them near Austin. We should meet up somewhere and hang out! Just a thought. Love ya!