Tuesday, January 6, 2009

13 the's number...

That's right...it's been 13 million years since I've posted. Actually, just less than a month but who's counting?


I'm 13 weeks away from a great physical challenge. Many of you might remember that I was planning on running a half marathon last November, but I forgot to sign up in time and CAN YOU BELIEVE IT SOLD OUT? Seriously? Those things sell out? Well, it did and no amount of begging the girl in California putting on the race got me in. So, here we go again...

My good buddy, Bianca, and I are putting ourselves to the test to do a half-marathon in April. She did the run in November and did great, but this time we want to run the entire thing. So, for the next 13 (well 12.5) weeks we are in complete training mode. Running 3 days per week, Cross Training 2 days per week, 2 days of rest, and NO MORE SOFT DRINKS (at least on running days). 

We are currently one and a half weeks into our training and although the running portion is actually easy at this time, finding the motivation is NOT! Thankfully, our husbands have jumped on board and are completely committed to helping us achieve our goal. For me it means that I'm not allowed to skip a day unless I'm at the hospital or throwing up in bed. Thanks, Austin! It also means that on race day the boys will be there to cheer us on and will be hoping for great speed because I'm certain they will have a tee time immediately following.

So, the next 13 weeks in the Haynes' household will focus on Melissa making the time to exercise and train. Also happening in the next 13 weeks: my good buddy Megan will be giving birth to a great little boy (he has to be great b/c he's my nephew), we are having a few large events at the hospital, and I'm sure there will be lots more going on.

Hope all are finding this year to be good so far!

Mel


2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Michael and I will be praying for you! I told Michael what you are planning to do and he was amazed and said that you are more dedicated than he is. Good luck!!

Tyler, Haley, & Griffin said...

Hey buddy ole pal! I always check your blog hoping for a new post. I love reading about what you guys are up to! I'm glad you decided to try again for the race. enjoy the running for me! Cause I have been missing running. All I do now is walk. I will be thinking about you as you train. Keep it up and what an accomplishment it will be!!! Hope we can talk soon!
miss you, Hay