Monday, August 4, 2008

Extra Care = Money Back???

Ok, here's the deal: There are CVSs EVERYWHERE in Corpus and that is all my husband likes to shop in. Please remember that I'm from East Texas where Wal-Mart is better than the mall (at least in Marshall). I always feel a little guilty when we buy our shampoo and toothpaste there because I think we might pay a little too much for it.

NOT ACCORDING TO MY MOM we don't. Ok, she is the Wal-Mart queen. The running joke in our family is that Mom can go in to Wal-Mart (or any store) for one item and while my dad waits for her in the car he watches numerous other people come and go, come and go.....and no sign of Pam. HAHA...well, Mom (thanks to my Auntie C) has become a fan of the CVS Extra Care Bucks Back program. Long story short, she bought $65 worth of merchandise today and paid $0. Now, in a family that is living during our quote, unquote recession where the American dollar is worth less and less each day...THAT'S A BIG DEAL! Mom is thrilled with this program and it costs nothing.

However, it does take time. She is into clipping coupons (once again thanks to my Auntie C) and she clipped 10 coupons for a $30 reward card for every prescription you switch to CVS. She has 9 prescriptions that she is switching to CVS....ok, you guys do the math on that.

Well, that's not all. With her Rewards card she is earning 2% back for every purchase that she makes AND there are special deals in the weekend coupon section. You would have to talk to her for more details, but check out this site:

www.moneysavingmom.com

This lady takes coupon clipping to a whole new OBSSESIVE level, but it's worth the read! Oh, and I learned today on that site that IKEA is giving customers a 1% off coupon towards their next purchase JUST FOR USING THEIR DEBIT CARDS.

#1 I will start using CVS a lot more for necessity items. It is the closest store to our new house (coming August 27th).

#2 I guess I have a little of my mom and Auntie C in me because I only, ONLY shop at NY & Co. when I have a coupon "Spend $75, get $30 off." Those coupons are especially great when you have city cash to go along with them.

I'm not trying to convert anyone to coupon clipping. I clip, but always forget to use. I do; however, encourage you to check into these deals. If my mom and Auntie C are saving and even earning money, it has to be good for them to continue doing it.

Happy Shopping, Friends!

P.S. Are there any shopping tips you guys have?

1 comments:

Mary said...

Hi! I saw your page on a friend's page and just thought I'd throw this out for you since I'm a fellow coupon clipper: There's this thing called the "grocery game" You should look it up or let me know if you have any more questions about it. If you already clip coupons and shop at CVS, this thing will help you save EVEN more money! (and no, I don't work for the grocery game or CVS...just a happy customer!! lol) Maybe you'd be interested! Thanks!

ps-I like your posts and would LOVE to live in Corpus...I'm jealous!!!